Become a Speaker
Conference programmes are now being developed for three conference streams at WATS 2024:
- International & Domestic/Regional Pilot Training
- Cabin Crew Training
- Maintenance Technician Training
To propose a presentation of any of the WATS conference streams, please complete the online form below by Tuesday 31st October 2023, and provide the following:
- 250-300 word abstract.
- A recorded 3 minute video, either of the speaker presenting the abstract or of a previous industry conference presentation.
- A short biography of the speaker(s), which should include title, position, employer and conference presentation experience.
- A photo of (each of) the speaker(s).
For all the conference tracks, presentation proposals should address an aspect of aviation training and education in one or more of the following broad categories:
- Airline Stability & Growth, including pilot hiring, recurrent/retraining, overcoming skills decay and staffing shortages.
- Training the Next Generation, including ATOs, diversity, funding, EBT/CBTA/AQP/KSA100/ABLE/MPL, and instructor standardization.
- Technology Enablers, including:
- Big Data/AI/Cloud/Metaverse
- Human Factors and Personnel Readiness, including cognitive processes, mental health, biometrics/tracking sensors, situational awareness and UPRT.
- Environmental Sustainability, including electric aircraft and green ATO.
- Cabin Crew training challenges and solutions, including unruly pax, resilience, creating realitics, scenario-based training.
- Maintenance Technician training challenges and solutions.
- Regulatory challenges and developments.
- OEMs and Industry Association roles.
WATS is an ‘applied’ conference and while full academic papers are not appropriate, we will consider summaries of appropriate aviation training and education research projects, particularly if there is international application.
Preference will be given to air carriers and training organizations with real-world training insights, ‘Lessons Learned’ and training ‘solutions and outcomes’ information. In no case will sales presentations be accepted. Presentations must fit into the WATS format, which is 20 minutes maximum, followed by a Q&A period.