Moderator: Dr. Bill Johnson
Day 1 – Tuesday 15th June 2021
Session 1: Opening Remarks & Keynote Address (all conference tracks)
1) Marc Parent, C.M., President and Chief Executive Officer, CAE
2) Brad Thress, President and CEO, FlightSafety International
Session 2: The Dynamic Air Sector (all conference tracks)
1) Robert Burke, Group Manager, Training and Simulation Group, FAA
2) Sheri Pippin, Aviation Safety, Air Transportation Division, FAA
Pilot Professional Development Rulemaking
3) Dr. Matt Vance, Professional Pilot Faculty, Oklahoma State University
Undeniable Emerging Trends in Commercial Aviation
Session 3: Training Transitions from the Pandemic Experience – Three Perspectives
1) Jenna Tuck, Executive Vice President of Global Business Development, Modest Tree
Recovering Effective Aviation Maintenance Training in a Socially Distanced World
2) D Smith, Aviation Safety Division Manager, US Department of Transportation
Virtual Live Experiences: The Good, the Bad, the Ugly
3) Dr. Joel English, Vice President, Aviation Institute of Maintenance
The Anatomy of a School System’s Survival Through the Pandemic
Session 4: Training Perspectives
1) Bob Simmons, Director, Baines Simmons Ltd.
Competence vs. Performance – What Skills are Missing?
2) Christopher J. Rospenda, Global Maximo Asset Performance Management Strategy & James E. Seeber, Senior Solutions Engineer, IBM AI Applications
The Connected Technician: Using AI, AR, Advanced Analytics and IoT Data to Empower Your Field Workforce
Day 2 – Wednesday 16th June 2021
Session 5: STEM
1) Jay Logie, Founder and COO, ATG, Aircraft Technologies Group Inc.
Personnel Readiness, Starts in the Community
2) Davidson Nzekwe-Daniel, Founder & CEO, Davidson Initiative Inc.
Building the Next Generation of Aviation Professionals Through Student Engagement
3) Crystal Maguire, Executive Director, Aviation Technicians Education Council
An Update on Aviation Personnel Requirements
Session 6 – Industry Viewpoints
1) Keith McGann, Regional Sales Manager – Maintenance, FlightSafety International
2) Ryan Goertzen, VP of Workforce Development, AAR Corporation
3) Bob Ireland, Managing Director of Engineering and Maintenance, Airlines for America (A4A)
Session 7: Pressing Maintenance Training Issues
1) Ryan Goertzen, Vice President of Maintenance Workforce Development, AAR Corporation & President, Choose Aerospace
2) Steve Platt, Director, Tech Ops Training, Hawaiian Airlines
A Mix of Methods and Technologies
3) Rhonda Cooper, Chairperson, Airlines for America’s Maintenance Training Network
ATA Specification 104: Guidelines for Aircraft Maintenance Training: The Next Edition
Session 8 – Interactive Roundtable: The Hottest Training Issues
An open discussion of some of the most significant issues facing the civil aviation training community today.
Moderated by Captain Paul Preidecker
- Randy Hamilton, Advisory Council, Professional Aviation Board of Certification
- Evey Cormican, CEO/Co-Founder, Visionary Training Resources
- Philip Adrian, CEO, Multi Pilot Simulations
- Scott Nutter, Owner, Touch & Go Solutions
- Scott Glaser, PhD, Senior Vice President of Operations, Flight Research, Inc.